Why do men “accidentally forget” to buy their wife/lover a gift?
Why are women already mad before Valentine’s day? Year after year, either their husbands “forget” or have an excuse why they can’t honor them on V Day.
Dr. Bonnie says they either:
- have underlying anger
- have resentment
- don’t want to be told what to do
- feel under-appreciated
- Have negative feelings about their wife, but have no idea what or why
They may make the “excuse” that it is a Hallmark Holiday, is made up for retail stores to make money, they don’t know what to get her, she has everything, they don’t know how to shop…..etc.
Dr. Bonnie has recommendations for women on how to avoid a Valentine’s blow up:
- Ask him what he wants? Go shopping with him before VDay
- Go to the store with him for him to get a card, etc
- Reward him with sex after he has shopped for her
- Sit down and ask him in a non threatening way what he is feeling (have Smart Heart Talk)
More tips can be found in the book Make Up Don’t Break Up with accompanying DVD Falling in Love and Staying in Love for Singles and Couples!